Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Bikes and Books



I've been wanting to do a painting with a bike that has an umbrella for a seat. Here are a few of the preproduction sketches. Its just now starting the never ending rain in Portland.



Its my ode to riding in the rain. Im trying to revere the rain as a possed to feeling like a victim to it.



I like to do several different versions of the same drawing to see what works best. Been trying to work on my composition skills.




This is my favorite placement of the bike, but Im definately digging the pattern of rain drops. uummmmmm, harmony.



A slight variation in the theme. In this one the rain drop itself is the main focus with the shape of many bike frames passing it.

2 Comments:

Blogger the man said...

hahahaha rain (sticks out tongue)

12:28 PM  
Blogger Carlos said...

HAAHA, Philly. Oh right there's nothing there!

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home